Acquiring 21st Century Skills in Borderless Classroom
Background of Lecture
Our world is changing at an unprecedented pace. To prepare our students, lessons must go beyond the "3 R's" and foster 21st century skills. Skills like critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity will be essential for students to take on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. Educators globally are working to design new models of learning that better prepare learners for life and work in the 21st Century.
- Helps teachers redesign their existing lessons and learning activities to build students’ 21st century skills.
- Integrates learning resources across borders via ICT with the focus on the 21st century learning skills.
- The six dimensions of the 21st Century learning
- Knowledge Construction
- Self Regulation
- Real-World Problem-Solving and Innovation
- Use of ICT For Learning
- Skillful Communication
- Skype in the Classroom
- Project-based Learning activities
How will this lecture benefit the participants?
At the end of the lecture, participants will be able to start their own project-based learning focusing on the acquiring of the 21st century skills by students in their own classrooms.
***E-Certificates will be provided only for full participation***
How to join the online lecture:
1. Fill in the registration form: Online registration
2. Meeting Link will be provided once registered.
3. To enter the lecture room, please re-register with your name and email address.
4. Click on the “Join” button.
For further information regarding both lectures please contact:
Tan Ketudat (Mr) - Host & SEAMES Coordinator