Literacy Development at Secondary School Level
Literacy is important because it is not only used for reading and writing, but also to increase one’s understanding of the world. As for the case of students at secondary schools at the adolescent age, they need literacy to deepen their understanding of the knowledge and skills in content areas. Therefore, it is important for teachers to know the suitable methods and appropriate with the adolescent development to teach literacy for their students.
To inform theories of literacy and adolescent development as well as suitable methods for teaching literacy to secondary school students
Areas to be covered:
Understandings of literacy, adolescent development and ways of teaching literacy to adolescent (secondary school students)
- Participants gain understandings on theories of literacy and adolescent development
- Participants gain knowledge on literacy teaching methods suitable with the psychological development of the secondary school students (adolescent)
- Through the sharing and discussion session, participants gain information on literacy teaching practices in countries in Southeast Asia region
***E-Certificates will be provided only for full participation***
How to join the online lecture:
1. Fill in the registration form: Online registration
2. Meeting Link will be provided once registered.
3. To enter the lecture room, please re-register with your name and email address.
4. Click on the “Join” button.
For further information regarding both lectures please contact:
Rizema Angga Puspita – Officer of Division of Training and Development for Teachers and Education Personnel at SEAMEO QITEP in Language
Tan Ketudat (Mr) - Host & SEAMES Coordinator