|Training Materials and Previous Training Sessions
9 February – 30 March 2017
Participants can download the training materials and view the previous training sessions by clinking on the files/links as in the following table.
|Session||Training Date||Time||Content||Number of Log-in Devices to the Training Session||Training Materials
(Please click to download)
|Previous Training Sessions
(Please click to view)
|1||Thu 9 February 2017||13.00-15.00
60 Log-in Devices
|Session 1: 9 Feb 2017
|2||Thu 16 February 2017||13.00-15.00
72 Log-in Devices
|Session 2: 16 Feb 2017
|3||Thu 2 March 2017||13.00-15.00
143 Log-in Devices
|Session 3: 2 Mar 2017
|4||Thu 9 March 2017||13.00-15.00
120 Log-in Devices
Session 4: 9 Mar 2017
|5||Thu 16 March 2017||13.00-15.00
73 Log-in Devices
Session 5: 17 Mar 2017
|6||Thu 30 March 2017||13.00-15.00
54 Log-in Devices
Session 6 : 30 Mar 2017
To Be Confirmed
|Please check the details after the training session||Please check the details after the training session||Please check the details after the training session|
For additional information, please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of the training course can be downloaded by clicking here
|List of Participants|
The SEAMEO Secretariat would like to express its appreciation to schools and teachers who participate in this online training programme.
|No||School||No. of Teachers Registered|
|1||Sekolah Menengah Rimba II||3|
|2||IBTE Agro-Technology Campus||2|
|3||Pusat Tingkatan Enam Sengkurong||1|
|5||Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Battambang||2|
|6||Bosowa Bina Insani||2|
|7||PAUD Plus Az-Zalfa||2|
|10||SD Darul Hika||1|
|11||SD Negeri 2 Purbalingga Lor||2|
|12||SD Negeri Glawan||1|
|13||SD Negeri Karanganyar||2|
|15||SDIT Yaa Bunayya||2|
|16||SDN Jarit 03||2|
|17||SDN Rogomulyo 02||2|
|18||Sekolah Alam Insan Mulia - Junior High School||1|
|19||SMA 3 Semarang||2|
|20||SMA Al Hikmah Surabaya||1|
|21||SMA BPI 1 Bandung||2|
|22||SMA Darul Ulum 1 Unggulan BPPT||2|
|23||SMA Negeri 1 unggul Darul Imarah||2|
|24||SMAN 14 Padang||2|
|25||SMAN Khusus Olahragawan||2|
|26||SMAN Taruna Jawa Timur||1|
|27||SMK Negeri 1 Nglegok||1|
|28||SMK Wikrama Bogor||2|
|29||SMKN 1 Bula||1|
|30||SMP Islam Al Azhar 9||2|
|31||SMP N 7 Bojonegoro||2|
|32||SMP NEGERI 01 Batu||2|
|33||SMP Negeri 3 Malang||2|
|34||SMP NEGERI 3 WATES||2|
|35||SMP Negeri 4 Juwana||1|
|36||SMP Sekolah Alam Insan Mulia||2|
|37||SMPN 3 Satu Atap Sumberlawang||2|
|38||Vocational High School 7 Ambon||2|
|39||Khammouane Technical Vocational College||2|
|40||Hamzah Secondary School||2|
|43||SJK (T) Batu Anam||1|
|44||SJK(T). Ladang Sungai Muar||2|
|45||SJKT Ladang Harvard Bahagian 2||1|
|47||SJKT Subramaniya Barathee||2|
|48||SK Nong Chik||2|
|49||SK Seri Bintang Utara||2|
|50||SM Sains Kuching Utara||2|
|51||SMK (P) ST George||1|
|52||SMK (P) Sultan Ibrahim||6|
|53||SMK Air Itam||2|
|54||SMK Dato Jaafar||1|
|56||SMK Pei Hwa (CF)||1|
|57||SMK Putrajaya Presint 11 (1)||2|
|58||No. (1) Basic Education High School, Yankin||2|
|53||No 4 Basic Education High School, Taunggy,||2|
|60||Bani National High School||1|
|61||Benguet Special Education Center||1|
|62||Bintawan National High School||2|
|63||Bukay Pait National High School||2|
|64||Camotes National High School||3|
|65||Cangawa National High School||1|
|66||Dagupan City National High School||1|
|67||Gen. Flaviano yengko Senior High School||2|
|68||Ilocos Norte National High School||2|
|69||Initao National Comprehensive High School||2|
|70||Ipil National High School||2|
|71||Kasibu Central School||2|
|72||Laguna College of Business and Arts||2|
|73||Luis Palad National High School||2|
|74||Makati High School||1|
|75||Malabon Elementary School||1|
|76||Mamuyao Elem. School||2|
|77||Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School||2|
|78||New Era University||2|
|79||Oriental Mindoro National High School||2|
|80||Quezon National High School||2|
|81||Ramon Teves Pastor Memorial Dumaguete Science High School||2|
|82||Salcedo Vocational High School||1|
|83||San Aurelio National High School||2|
|84||San Pedro Relocation Center National High School||2|
|85||San Teodoro National High School||1|
|86||Southville 5A National High School||1|
|87||Tabon M. Estrella National High School||2|
|88||Universidad de Sta. Isabel||2|
|89||Visayas State University, Tolosa||1|
|90||Watwat Elementary School||2|
|91||Ladprao Bilingual School||2|
|92||Phetchchaburi Rajabhat University Demonstration School||5|
|93||PornCharoen Wittaya School||2|
|94||The Prince Royal's college||2|
|97||Nha Trang National College of Pedagogy||2|
|98||National Economics University||2|
|Details of the Free Online EDMODO Training for Teachers|
Download the details: Please click here
On the occasion of SEAMEO 50th Anniversary in 2015, a project entitled SEAMEO 50x3 Schools’ Network was developed with its aims to leverage capacity of school leaders, teachers, and students through capacity development programmes and other contributions from 21 SEAMEO Regional Centres, SEAMEO stakeholders, and partners.
The SEAMEO Schools’ Network also enables the participating schools to help each others, share practices and experiences that are useful to students and teachers towards the quality of education.
To develop Southeast Asian teachers to be equipped with advanced ICT skills and be able to utilise the online platform to promote the new way of teaching or can become more creative ways to engage students in collaborative learning, as well as promote partnership and share teaching practices and content among teachers across the Southeast Asian countries, the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Secretariat (SEAMEO Secretariat) will organise a Free Online EDMODO Training for Teachers “Getting to Know Closer to Edmodo as an Online Learning Platform” during 9 February- 23 March 2017 with free of charge.
This training course will be conducted through online by using the webex platform – 2 hours/week for a training session, totaling 14 hours.
Why EDMODO ?
- EDMODO is a free social media platform that has interesting features for teachers and students, similar to social media like Facebook, but it was designed for users to create a miniature social network and share class-related information within the group.
- EDMODO takes learning beyond the classroom by providing a free, safe place for teachers, students and parents to connect, collaborate, share content and access homework, grades and school notices - anytime and anywhere.
- Objectives of the Training Programme:
The objectives of the 7 Days Training Programme “Getting to Know Closer to Edmodo as Online Learning Platform” are as follows:
- To leverage capacity of teachers and students through the use of ICT;
- To introduce the Edmodo Platform for enhancing the teaching and learning strategies;
- To develop knowledge and skills in creating the virtual class that will lead to the partnership development through knowledge/cultural exchange with other countries.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Managing digital class and learning resources by using EDMODO Social Learning Network.
- Recreating and compiling learning resources into digital form
- Empowering established free/open source web based application to enhance teaching and learning activities
- Able to develop various kinds of assessment for studen
- Who can Apply to Join:
- Teachers in schools under the SEAMEO School Network in 11 Southeast Asian countries, namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Rules for Registration:
- To confirm the participation in the training, the teachers should register through the following Online Registration.
- 2 Teachers per a school are accepted to participate in this training course. SEAMEO can accept only 50 schools or 100 teachers for this training batch.
- The registration will be accepted as a first come, first serve basis.
- No registration/training fee is required.
- Deadline for Registration: Wed 25 January 2017
- SEAMEO will announce the name of participants on 27 January 2017 via email and on the SEAMEO website.
- To confirm the participation in the training, the teachers should register through the following Online Registration.
- Requirement for Participants:
- Teacher of any subject in any school.
- Good command in speaking and written English language.
- Familiar in using computer especially Ms. Office application.
- Familiar in using internet (browsing, emailing, etc).
- Be able to access Webex teleconference. (SEAMEO will provide training sessions on 30 and 31 Jan for teachers who are inexperience in using Webex.)
- Possess a laptop/notebook completed with a webcam, mouse, external microphone and headset/earphone.
- Online Training Duration
- The training will be conducted starting from 9 February to 30 March 2017.
- There will be about 7 sessions and one session/week, taking for 2 hours/a session.
- The training will be conducted every Thursday at 13.00-15.00 hrs.
- Tentative Training Schedule:
. Session Date Time Content Webex Training Mon 30 and Tue 31 January 2017 13.00-15.00
- Webex Training Sessions will be conducted to train the participants on how to use the WEBEX teleconference platform.
- The instructions, web URL and meeting number will be provided to all participants to access the webex system.
- The training will take only 5-10 minutes. Participants can access the system anytime during 13.00-15.00 on 30 and 31 Jan 2017.
1 Thu 9 February 2017 13.00-15.00
- Introduction to Edmodo
- Role playing as student
- Creating Account and Profile
2 Thu 16 February 2017 13.00-15.00
- Creating a class
- How to use Note Feature
- How to use Alert
3 Thu 23 February 2017 13.00-15.00
- Creating Assessment
- Role Play Do the Assessment and do Assessment
4 Thu 2 March 2017 13.00-15.00
- Introduction to Video Presentation using SOM
- SOM Software Installation
- SOM Software feature exploration
5 Thu 9 March 2017 13.00-15.00
- Creating a Video Lecture
6 Thu 16 March 2017 13.00-15.00
- Introduction to YouTube as Learning Resources
- Record Your Video Lecture in YouTube
- Uploading Video Lecture created by SOM to YouTube
7 Thu 23 March 2017 13.00-15.00
- Embedded Your Video Lecture to Edmodo
... Ms Anti Rismayanti
- E-Learning and Mobile Learning Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Edmodo Trainer since 2010
- Edmodo Ambassador since 2013
- Platform to Be Used (Free)
- Assessment/Evaluation Methods/Award after the Training:
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided upon the completion of the training and submission of the final assignments with a maximum of 2 absenteeism from the online training course.
- Awards will be provided to the participating teachers for the best implementation of EDMODO for 3 months in the actual class taught.
- 1st prize $300
- 2st prize $200
- 3rd prize $100
- Online Registration
9 – 25 January 2017
- Deadline of Registration
25 January 2017
- Announcement of Training Participants by Email and on SEAMEO Website
27 January 2017
- Webex Testing Sessions (To train participants to use the web teleconference platform)
30 and 31 January 2017, 13.00-15.00 hrs
- Training Sessions (7 sessions)
9 February – 23 March 2017
- Presentation of the EDMODO Implementation in the Actual Classroom by Teachers
To be confirmed
- Announcement of the Awarding Teachers
To be confirmed
- Additional Information:
For additional information of the training course and registration, please contact:
Ms Anti Rismayanti
Ms Piyapa Su-angavatin
SEAMEO Secretariat, Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: + 662 391 0144 I Fax: + 662 381 2587
(cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Brief information about EDMODO
Development of Learning Resources and Activities with EDMODO Platform.
EDMODO is a free social media platform that has interesting features for teachers and students similar to social media like Facebook, but actually there is greater value in this Social Learning Network. EDMODO was designed by educators which were also a cloud-based collaboration application that is quite safe to be used by teachers as well as by students. A teacher, school, district/sub-district can easily manage a system that provides the best features.
EDMODO is very comprehensive similar with a Course Management System (CMS) like MOODLE, the difference is that some features that have similar function with CMS features could be access faster and easier. EDMODO can be just an online platform to promote the new way of teaching or can become more creative ways to engage students in collaborative learning and distributed cognition (Jenkins).
EDMODO provides pathways for students to interact with their peers and their teachers in an academic setting. The main features of EDMODO is the active support of the communications model of online social media, which is added to the features of online learning materials as well as evaluation with several advantages as follows :
- User friendly just like Facebook
- Closed group collaboration: only particular students who own the group code could follow the activities in virtual class.
- Free access to use EDMODO and compatible with Smart Phones (Android, IPhone and IPad).
- Do not need a server to be installed.
- Could be easily accessed at anytime and anywhere.
- Continuously being updated by the developer.
- Possible to use EDMODO in one classroom activity, one school or among schools in a district.
- EDMODO could be used by teachers, students as well as parents.
- EDMODO could be used to communicate with social media style, to deliver learning materials as well as to conduct students’ evaluation.
- EDMODO supports a team teaching model, co-teacher as well as teacher collaboration.
- EDMODO has notifications for class activities to remind the students and teachers.
- EDMODO provides track progress and performance with a built-in grade book.
- EDMODO can upload and share files, photos and videos.
2. What is “SEAMEO” ?
The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) is a regional intergovernmental organization established in 1965 among governments of Southeast Asian countries to promote regional cooperation in education, science and culture in the region.
Its 11 Member Countries include Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam. It embodies 8 Associate Member Countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and United Kingdom; and four Affiliate Members, namely the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE), the University of Tsukuba (Japan), British Council, and China Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE).
Over the past four decades, SEAMEO has developed 21 specialist institutions throughout Southeast Asia which provide regional leadership in human resource development and diverse expertise that they offer in education, culture, health, environment, and agriculture and natural resources. (www.seameo.org)