Dr Gatot Hari Priowirjanto, Director of SEAMEO Secretariat and Mr Peter Palesch, Country Director of Indonesia, Timor-Leste and ASEAN of GIZ Jakarta Office signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at the 2nd High Officials Meeting on SEA-TVET in Bali on 13 May 2016, formalising the cooperation between GIZ and SEAMEO to further enhance the quality of education, technical and vocational education and training (TVET), and higher education in Southeast Asia.
The cooperation focuses on the following areas:
- Educational policy, including the development of quality indicators and large scale assessments to improve learning outcomes;
- TVET policy with a particular focus on harmonisation of standards, quality improvement of TVET personnel and involvement of the private sector;
- Regional cooperation in higher education, including efforts to harmonise standards and the development of dual academies.
- Knowledge management and dissemination of promising practices, such as trilateral cooperation; and
- Joint efforts in the field of staff development.