|Call for Applications|
The SEAMEO Schools’ Network was established to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of SEAMEO in 2015.
The SEAMEO Schools’ Network provides great opportunities and helps schools to improve capacity of administrators, teachers and students through the various topics of face-to-face and online SEAMEO capacity development and training programmes. The SEAMEO school network also aims to develop school partnerships across the region through the teacher and student activities.
(The former title of this programme was SEAMEO 50x3 Schools’ Network)
Free of charge to be a member of the SEAMEO Schools’ Network and participate in the SEAMEO programmes
All kindergarten, primary, secondary, senior vocational, special needs education schools and, TVET colleges of 11 Southeast Asian countries are invited to apply.
To be a member of the SEAMEO Schools’ Network, please fill up the online application form by clicking the following link:
For additional information, any problem in submission of application or edit data in your online application, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Members of SEAMEO Schools’ Network|
The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) and the 24 SEAMEO Regional Centres would like to express our appreciation to schools/colleges who submitted an application for the participation in the SEAMEO Schools’ Network. Appreciation is also extended to the Ministries of Education of Southeast Asian countries who contributed and supported this programme.
If the school finds that the information of your school is not corrected, please contact: email@example.com.
Members of SEAMEO’s School Network (As of 29 January 2018)
|Countries||Number of Schools/ Colleges||Percentage|
|Countries beyond Southeast Asia||4||0.31%||Click|
For additional information, please contact:
920 Sukhumvit Road
|Full Details of SEAMEO Schools’ Network|
In 2015, the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) marked half-a-century of operations. As a regional inter-governmental organisation established among Southeast Asian countries, SEAMEO takes pride in its achievements over the years as Southeast Asian’s leading organisation in promoting regional cooperation and human resource development in education, science and culture.
As a part of the contribution to the Southeast Asian community and the occasion of SEAMEO 50th Year Anniversary, SEAMEO has initiated a project titled “SEAMEO Schools’ Network” (The former name was SEAMEO 50x3 Schools’ Network). The network aims to serve as a “Network of Sharing and Development” platform among kindergarten schools, primary schools, secondary schools, senior vocational and technical schools, special needs education schools, and TVET colleges in Southeast Asia.
The purposes of the project are as follows:
- To develop partnerships and networking platform among schools and educational institutions across communities and countries.
- To leverage capacity of school leaders, administrators, teachers and students through capacity development programmes and other contributions from 24 SEAMEO Regional Centres , SEAMEO stakeholders, and partners.
|2. Definition of the SEAMEO Schools’ Network|
- The network is a platform to promote and encourage collaboration among schools/colleges in 11 Southeast Asian countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
- The network consists of the following levels of education: kindergarten, primary, secondary, special needs education, vocational and technical schools, and TVET colleges in 11 Southeast Asian countries.
- The network aims to leverage capacity of school leaders, administrators, teachers and students through specialised capacity development programmes, and other resource contributions from 24 SEAMEO Regional Centres, SEAMEO stakeholders, and SEAMEO partners.
- The network provides opportunities for participating schools/colleges to develop partnerships, share practices, and exchange teachers and students within the network.
|3. Participating Schools|
- Public and private schools/colleges at all levels such as kindergarten, primary, secondary, vocational and technical, and special needs education in 11 Southeast Asian countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam are invited to participate in the SEAMEO Schools’ Network.
- • The schools/colleges in the network have demonstrated the following attributes:
- English ability of teachers to participate in the SEAMEO training programmes
- Basic capacity of ICT and Internet access at the school/college
- Strong interest and willingness indicators:
- The school leader has clearly expressed an interest to participate in this SEAMEO network.
- Clear policy and operational plan on partnerships with other schools/colleges in different communities or countries
|4. Benefits for Schools that Participate in the SEAMEO Schools’ Network|
Schools/colleges selected to join the network will gain unique and beneficial opportunities to participate in innovative educational programmes designed and conducted by the 24 SEAMEO Regional Centres and SEAMEO partners.
- Opportunities for school development programmes
- An invitation to participate in SEAMEO regional programmes such as: Schools Nutrition Development Programmes; the SEAMEO Schools’ Fit Programme; the Health Promotion Programme; Digital Learning in Southeast Asia; and Internationalisation and Harmonisation of TVET in Southeast Asia.
- An invitation to participate in SEAMEO regional competitions and award schemes.
- Opportunities for school leaders and teacher development programmes
- An invitation to participate in training courses, workshops and seminars that cover various educational development topics conducted by SEAMEO Regional Centres.
- An invitation to participate in various on-line lectures series and training courses aimed at capacity development for school administrators and teachers.
- Opportunities to receive learning materials produced by SEAMEO Regional Centres and SEAMEO partners.
- Opportunities for student development programmes
- An invitation to participate in SEAMEO regional competitions and award schemes for students.
- An invitation to join on-line and mobile training courses designed to develop 21st century skills for students.
- Opportunities to receive news about activities and programmes of SEAMEO Centres
- Schools within the network will receive information about ongoing SEAMEO programmes, training courses and activities that cover various topics within the fields of education, science and culture in the region.
- Opportunities to develop partnerships, exchange teachers and students, and share good practices with other schools.
- The network will give participating schools unique opportunities to share information on requested partnership areas and contact details in order to facilitate greater partnerships and collaboration across the whole of Southeast Asia.
- A group communication platform through on-line platforms will be developed to help the exchange of information and partnerships.
|5. Application Guidelines: How to Participate in the “SEAMEO Schools’ Network”|
- All public and private schools at all level such as kindergarten, primary, secondary, special needs education, vocational high schools, and TVET colleges in 11 Southeast Asian countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam are invited to be the member of SEAMEO Schools’ Network.
- There is no application or registration fee for this programme.
- Information about the school in the Application Form must be written in English.
- For the schools which are in the list of SEAMEO Schools’ Network Members, the school does not need to re-apply. But it is optional for the school to re-apply through online/word doc for updating the information of the school and coordinator’s contact details.
- The applying can be done through the online registration by clicking on the following link:
- If the school has a problem to link with the online registration or to edit the information in your application that already submitted to the system, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, you can download the Application Form in word format from the SEAMEO Schools’ Network webpage or request the Application Form in word format by sending an email to email@example.com.
- All applications submitted to the SEAMEO Secretariat will be acknowledged. If schools have not received any acknowledgement of the receipt from the SEAMEO Secretariat within one week after the submission date, please contact the SEAMEO Secretariat, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|6. Rules and Conditions|
- The information submitted in the application form must be true. The SEAMEO Secretariat has right to reject the application at any time, if it is found that the information submitted in the application form is not true.
- The schools/colleges must allow the SEAMEO Secretariat to request additional information to support the submission if needed.
- Information of the selected schools/colleges will be shared to the SEAMEO Centres, SEAMEO stakeholders, donors/ contributors, and among the schools/colleges under the network.
- The SEAMEO Secretariat shall have the right to store information about the selected schools/colleges in its database and also use the information for documentation purposes.
|7. Contact Details|
For enquiry, please contact:
SEAMEO Schools’ Network
920 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey District, Bangkok, 10110, THAILAND.