46th SEAMEO Council Conference and 6th ASEAN Education Ministers Meeting,
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, 26-29 January 2011
About the Conference
The SEAMEO Council (SEAMEC) Conference is the annual meeting of the Council of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization consisting of education ministers of the 11 SEAMEO Member Countries, namely, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
The SEAMEC Conference is attended by the Ministers of Education and officials of SEAMEO Member Countries, representatives of SEAMEO Associate Member Countries, Affiliate Members, SEAMEO Centre Directors, SEAMEO Secretariat; and officials and observers from donor governments and international organisations.
Brunei Darussalam will host the 46th SEAMEO Council Conference on 26-29 January 2011 at the Empire Hotel and Country Club, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam. The 6th ASEAN Education Ministers Meeting will be held back-to-back with the 46th SEAMEO Council Conference.
The Objectives of the SEAMEO Council Conference
- To serve as a Forum for discussion of policy and regional initiatives
- To set directions for programmes and projects of SEAMEO and its Units
- To review programmes and activities of the organization
- Ministers of Education
- SEAMEO Member Countries High Officials and other delegates
- Associate Member Countries Representatives
- Affiliate Members Representatives
- Centre Directors of SEAMEO Regional Centres
- Observers from other organisations
- SEAMEO Secretariat