SEAMEO Regional Centre for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEAMEO SEARCA), Philippines
Founded on 27 November 1966, SEARCA is mandated to strengthen institutional capacities in agricultural and rural development in Southeast Asia through graduate education, short-term training, research, and knowledge exchange. It serves the 11 SEAMEO member countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and most recently Timor-Leste.
SEARCA is hosted by the Government of the Philippines on the campus of the University of the Philippines Los Banos in Los Banos, Laguna.
The SEARCA courses are offered on a fee-based scheme, but are also open for sponsorship and collaboration with interested organizations and individuals. They are to be conducted at SEARCA Headquarters in Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. However, in-country implementation, particularly the special courses, may be requested with corresponding changes in the course cost.
SEARCA's Learning Events 2010 Brochure
- Degree Programmes:
- PhD Research Scholarship
- Graduate Scholarship Programme
- Seed Fund for Research and Training
- Specialized training/ short courses:
- Natural Resource Management
- Natural Resource Knowledge Management
- Rationalizing and Harmonizing Plant Biotechnology Regulations in Southeast Asia
- Assessing Impacts of Development Projects on Poverty
- Impact Assessment of Anti-Poverty Programs: Focus on Technology and Capacity Development
- Unraveling the Policy Issues and Development Challenges on Biofuels
- Study Tour on Biosafety for Policymakers in Selected SEAMEO Member Countries
- Sustainability Science Programme
- Biodiversity & Climate Change in Southeast Asia : Adaptation & Mitigation
- Responding to Changing Climate: Knowledge-based Strategies in Managing Risks in Agricultural Production
||+63 (49) 536-2365 to 7, 536-2287, 536-2290
||+63 (49) 536-7097, 536-7164, 536-2283