|SEAMEO Regional Centre for Food and Nutrition
( Approval of Establishment - 2010 )
[Annual Report 2016-2017]
|SEAMEO RECFON was established in 1967 as SEAMEO TROPMED RCCN (Regional Centre for Community Nutrition), and transformed into RECFON (Regional Centre for Food and Nutrition) in 2011. The Centre promotes education, capacity building, research and information dissemination on food and nutrition across Southeast Asia. As a step towards sustainable human resource development, the Centre trains nutritionists, health professionals and personnel from other nutrition related disciplines in planning, executing and evaluating nutrition programmes and policies.|
Currently the Centre’s activities are focused on two main programmes namely 1) Nutrition Goes to School (NGTS), and 2) Early Childhood Care, Nutrition, and Education (ECCNE).
Some priority activities conducted:
- Ensuring availability of nutrition trainings for food and nutrition professionals in Southeast Asian (SEA) region which cater the need of the SEA region through post graduate training (PGT) and other learning events using offline and online methods
- Southeast Asia Nutrition Leadership Programme (SEA-NLP)
- Establishment of School Based Nutrition Promotion (SBNP) working group for harmonization of school curriculum towards nutrition
- Establishment of Early Childhood Care, Nutrition, and Education (ECCNE) working group to provide forum for pooling and sharing resources for people/institutions who have interest in and have implemented ECCNE interventions in the SEA region, and to document evidences for nutrition advocacy towards promoting optimal childhood development in the region. Executing research under five primary thrusts namely 1) best practices in nutritional assessment, 2) food safety & food security, 3) nutrigenomics/nutrigenetics, 4) nutrition & diseases, and 5) nutrition policy and programme
- Harmonization of nutrition research in SEA region through the establishment of SEARCHNut research catalogue database online platform
- Laboratory support for research on maternal and child nutrition
- Partnership and technical support for contributing to the Centre’s strategic focus on pre-maternal, maternal and child nutrition with emphasis on school programmes and food-based approaches.
|Jalan Salemba Raya No .6, Jakarta 10430, INDONESIA||Tel: +62 (21) 3193 0205; 391 3932
Fax: +62 (21) 391 3933